research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

New Blog for New Movie

Finished posting up on my other blog and decided this one needed to be for those who want to know what is going on in my little section of the movie. JA is going to be an 10 part mini series now that the rewrite took out about half of episode 2. I guess they want them to sign the Declaration quicker!

Getting up to go to work has never been my strong suit but today didn't seem so bad. Pulled in this morning and while walking into the building I was handed a book I requested to be picked up from someone here who still goes to VCU. I miss having that school as a resource, the library, the computer labs, the teachers.

Waiting for the copy machine to warm up and then I photocopy the Commodity export and import 1768 TABLE 9.

Showing all of the value of items shipped from US to ENGLAND, France, Ireland, Southern Europe, Africa. It is funny the only thing going to Africa was Whale Oil (highest grade) and Rum, but think of everything we took from there? Ivory, Hides, Gum Copal, Ebony, Dyewood, Cam wood, Beeswax, Barwood, oh yeah and Slaves. I am still trying to get them to put something in the set about the irish slave trade in North America.

But Who knows? back to the books.

1 Comments:

Blogger julia said...

yo. i thought is was interesting your mentioning of slaves, nikki g was talking the other nite about how people didn't go to africa to get slaves they went to get africans, whom they then sold into slavery. no pre-fab born as a slave ready to go servants, she said. thought you wouldn't mind a little devil's advocacy this morning.
were some africans sold into slavery by othr africans?
such a complicated violent time.
what is camwood? sounds lovely. you must join the public library.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home