research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Multi-use everything

Today our fine President of VCU made according to the Times Dispatch one of the best statements I have ever heard about the Diamond:
"I envision a major professional and amateur athletic, recreation, and entertainment complex that serves the entire Richmond metropolitan area -- where thousands of fans can enjoy professional baseball and other sports; where local universities, including our own, can compete in intercollegiate Olympic sports and host NCAA competitions and tournaments; where high school athletes can vie for local, regional, and state championships in track, soccer, field hockey, and tennis; and where residents of surrounding localities can come together for amateur competition and to enjoy community events.”

When the mike was shut off he continued "Where we can invent our own sports using out of work Adjunct Art teachers as targets, and have theengineeringg students make giant rocket blasters while we form the only southern Curling team (that one is for me) in the entire NCAAdivisionn."

I have actually never seen Troni. I hear he has a charm about him. Someone a few years ago mentioned a chance meeting and without even knowing who he was he had an air of importance to him. Like he exuded something respectful. I don't know many people who do that. Oh wait, Mark Harris has that about him too.

I don't honestly want to get involved in anything related to "The Diamond." They will build whatever they want. Does baseball bring in money for the city? A bit I assume, but more importantly it allows stuffy nose people to feel outnumbered by blue-collar genuine drunks. Everyone needs a dose of a drunk who has many opinions and if you only work in an office, go to fancy pants bars that are too expensive to get drunk in you will never know the joy of meeting someone who has just a tiny bit of understanding on a subject but a gigantic opinion coupled with half a case of High Life. (BTW I just learned never to buy this stuff, ever!)

So as long as Troni figures out how to use the money from his amazing idea to fund a "working class sister university" attached to VCU, I say I think we have a newmayorall Candidate on our hands! (Mr. President I am copywriting that tag line.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home