research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Show





I think these are images from my show on campus at UC. Not sure actually if I even saved them on this computer or not. Yes I saved them. I remember that day. It was right after teaching and I had to take the show down. I had paid a graduate student to shoot images of the installation, but he never got back to me to let me know if it went ok or not. I actually haven't seen that grad since I took the show down. I think he is avoiding me, but I'm not pissed. I never get good shots of my work up in galleries. That is most likely why I am not famous yet.

The show was a revamp of the work that I cranked out in my studio for a month back in January. I did 7 new paintings for the show, redid the wall asteroids, time warp, wermer holes, smoke trails, space dust, and a great little magical piece over by the fire detector.

In the new re-revamped version I am doing for Knoxville I am going to include my new collection of Ex Girlfriend Door Stoppers, hand painted and weathered! And a stunning new mix of bad paintings, worse painted objects, and really bad puns.

Mark Harris has some great shots from the opening. But I can't get them from him till after his opening up at the Wexner Center for the Arts. That opening is Friday, which means I will have to miss the reception for Sarah Hollis, who I will be showing with in June at The Basement Gallery in Knoxville. Only two great things from Knoxville, Johnny and Timothy Michael Martin. I mean that guy's name sounds like a country singer, but nope, the best dern newfangled gallery owner in the southland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home