research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

detail


close
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Just found out that I can use screen capture on my mac and the Detroit Institute of Art has a great zoom function and together I get to see cracks in paintings.

This by the way is by John Singleton Copley, who also did the only painting of Andrew Oliver who was secretary distributor of stamps durring the stamp act. He had an effigy made of him and burned while the Sons of liberty raided his house and stole the stamps, threw them all over the place. Why is this needed, don't ask me, they just need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home