research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Globe for film


Globe for film
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Woke up at work, not actually but it feels like it. Been thinking that maybe I should have coffee before I start driving here. First thing when you pass through the front doors you walk by the stink wall. People here have many names for it: Peruvian poo-wood, Brazilian stink-oak, etc. Personally I think it smells like a sunday school classroom. Animal cracker farts and baby powder mixed with milk. One would think with how image conscience these people are that someone would complain to a producer and get it removed.

First email of the morning is from an Antiques Gallery on 42nd St. NY. He wonders how accurate do I need the globe, and am I interested in renting or buying. If this was any other job that decission would take a few days to a few weeks, but not here. I found the globe that they wanted, sure it is from 1650, but no one will notice. BTW did you know that the Terrestrial globe in Tomb Raider and in Harry Potter are the same? If you happen to be forced into a chair and tied down to watch Laura Croft Tomb Raider, I suggest looking for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home