research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Friday, August 26, 2005

last day


last day
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Today is my last day here at HBO. I found out yesterday around 4:30. My boss was really nice about it and I could tell he was having a hard time with telling me. We finally seemed to have bonded this past week. SO what do you do on your last day of work? Do you say what you wanted to say all along? Do you bitch out the producer who has the power to start this thing up again. Do you go find the old director and say way to go, you got out when there was no blood in the water. I think you bite your lip and finish work to the best of your ability.

So today I don't know if it will be just this post or if I find something else come in through the research mill I might post it. I'm not sure though. I guess I could write something for lunch time reading. This has been such a nice thing to do for a "right after school" job. Three months ago I was planning on teaching this fall, working on art, riding a bike to school, eating like a hobo. Now I got to work for one of the best networks in the country, for a wonderful Production Designer a great Leadman, the best set designers and such a nice art department. My first day at work was spent reading through 4 scripts and doing busy work. But once I started research for them they quit giving me busy work and sent me hunting for important little details. I will miss someone trusting me like that at work. Someone believeing in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home