research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Monday, August 22, 2005


IMG_0025
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Back from Billburg with news beyond news. I have been invited to work for just one day in the kitchen at the Govenor's Palace. Why am I so giddy about it? If you understood my love of historical cooking, or knew about how much I need a boost to get this Options Show ready you would be smilin' with me. Yes it will be quite hot, and I'll loose a few pounds, but will you learn how to make liberty teas, mince pie, spotted dick, or salt pork wrapped trout?

All in all it was a fantastic day at Williamsburg, good guide who stopped people from going into character when we asked questions. I think it is the fake persona that bothers me so much. I admire the learning of a long dead skill, the attentions to detail, and the fact that everyone who wants to move up the ladder has to do copious amounts of research. It's just the sing song voices of the past that make me want to punch them. So were all glad that didn't happen. Picked up some books, new (though quite old) cookbook, and got a few business cards to help with my hunting. Taking it slow this morning as best as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home