research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Tuesday, August 23, 2005


signing
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

After spending five days on the hunt for information about the hanging of this Painting I was told to "let it go." THey are building metal jacks that will be hammered into the ground for the painting to rest on so it can be easily moved for camera. Something I didn't think about. Most likely my sources from the Smithsonian, Yale, and various other places all agree that it must have been rolled and restretched for each viewing. It is one of those questions that just isn't that important to them. If I had been more opinionated I would have demanded more time to search for this small bit of information. But in the end making a movie is about compromising and the closer you are to the bottom, the more it is you who compromises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home