research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Friday, June 09, 2006

New Artists for the Gallery

Still setting up the schedule of artists for the gallery, trying to getsome smart artists interested. These are a few of my favorites.
On Monday I start my new contract as "prospective student Director," because we don't want to say recruiter.



Hooper Turner, remakes found images in paint. Most of them are images that is is extremely uncool to paint. Like the Land's End Catologue.



J.T. Kirkland makes holes in wood, and they drive me nuts!!!


Dolan Geiman, one of the smartest artists who wishes he never went to school so he could honestly call himself a folk artist.



Douglas Witmer, a seemingly nice guy who matches loose application with clean active lines. Reductive looks at systems.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

I love hooper! He, garth (extremecraft.com) and I want to put a show together.. I did a little write up on Hooper on my site a few months ago. He is rad and seems really nice too.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home