research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Monday, October 31, 2005

hames music


hames music
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Took a road trip for Recruiting down to South Carolina Governor's School of the Arts. Found out that the kids there weren't looking at much art, but could really draw! It is so tough to teach context and contemporary art history to College Students esp. if they don't get it when they are in High School.

On the way down I passed by the Music Store where I purchased (actually dad purchased) my first Drum Set. I loved that Mapex set with three toms, solid bass, great pedal, two cymbals, and oversized snare. The snare eventually got replaced, and I switched to just two toms, and spent about another grand on better cymbals. My Hi-Hats actually cracked after my third band. And now it just collects dust in the shed at Mom's house. Maybe I can get a full time teaching job at a school and start a band up again. I learned so much from Michael and Zach. I need to put what they tought me to good use somewhere. And the Banjo isn't seeming to be played much in the future either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home