research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fresh-man-ville

Went to the CAC yesterday to an event of freshman paper art works. It was for the mentoring program which I guess I am in charge of now. Set up the big old master list of mentor to mentees, although the secretary forgot to give me two faculty names and now they are both upset with me about it.

Learning the ropes here, trying to figure out how to be the best teacher I can, while listening to the advice of older faculty. NO one wants waves here, but everyone seems to think there needs to be change. My boss understands this, and I am trying to get a real grasp on what exactly the educational experience of college is all about, and more importantly what should an art program be when it doesn't like playing third fiddle. No one can give me a straight answer.

I've become addicted to Coney Dogs, the wonderful food of choice here with a half pound of cheese atop sickly sweet chili like substance, and tiny proportions. I would like to work at Skyline, if only for one day.

I miss so many people back in Virginia. And been hearing through the grapevine that the gallery I helped to get started is about to open it's doors to the public. So please go check out an amazing show over at "The Red Door." I know you will love it!

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

oh god, of course everyone wants change without making waves. I am sick of this fucking school bullshit. Let's you and I take over (and other young educators) and get rid of this bullshit that is blocking the learning process. yuck.

too bad no one wants to listen to us. ha.

hang in there!

12:47 PM  
Blogger julia said...

so much going on

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey buddy, im just trying to keep in touch...im a good person that lost his way for a time being...and i know you can fucking relate! no need to ignore me...i did nothing to you but be your friend...

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home