research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Friday, August 11, 2006

Yuu can't just leave!!!

I was yelled at today for leaving with my tour group of two familes before 1:30. Oh heaven forbid that a family that shows up twenty minutes late would not get to tour with us. I just wanted to get it all over with before three oclock. But even without going to the AFO building we still didn't finish everything until 3:30. Two buildings two hours and no first welcome speach.

My pinky is hurting so my mind of course wants to type words with p's those semicolons, and other things that require enter to be pushed.

They had the usual questions, portfolio, requirements, wanted to see computer rooms. DOn't people get tired of looking at computers? I mean we all know that the school will have computers. What is it, do you want to see how much space is between them, know exactly how many will be in the room your student will be in their fourth semester of their education? WHy do you need to see computers. Have you never seen one before? Is it a strange mythical machine that confounds you? What school have you ever gone to that said, sorry we don't use computers here. Those things are the devil's work!

After the oversided caculators, I usually show them the letterpress studio, which looks like a turn of the century printshop, but with hot pink prints instead of boring newspapers. Next we sneak into the Design Center. My treat for people who come durring the summer. Because durring the year the Design center is like fort knox. Today I actually saw someone in the Interior Design department sitting upstairs at one oclock. What a great day indead!

Finished up the interview with Stephen Vitiello for "Studio" magazine. Can't think of anything to write for RVA for this deadline, other than the giant compendium of info I have to put together for whomever they hire to replace me.

Julia is almost in town in an hour, I can not wait to talk to her in person about everything that has happened in the last few day. Most importantly the job. It will be easier in person to talk about this, more real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home