research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Thursday, October 12, 2006

db_vader_sm


db_vader_sm
Originally uploaded by marisaolson.

found this on Marisa Olson's flickr account.

I have never met Marisa, nor talked with her, but she knows peter, and she used to be in a band with Marc, so I guess that is enough to be able to steal her image for my post.

Totally wonderful meeting about digital foundations educatio here at UC. The art students mix with design students, mix with planning students, mix with architecture students for an hour and a hlaf lecture, and a 2 hour lab each week. They seemed really interested in how we do things at VCU, and I told them. We, Ha! Like I am still there or something.

Sitting in the meeting I realized that making things happen in college is like tying an ant to a log and saying "Mush!" It isn't going to work. A little birdy told me to keep smiling and keep my mouth shut, happyness and lack of information is the name of the game.

I am almost to the point of throwing out my ideas about the new media class this semester. Three weeks in and I haven't seen anything. Monday is a work day and the monday after that is a critique day, so please lord let them have something. I think the quarter ends right around thanksgiving so that will be a blast. What about christmas? How much time do I get off for christmas? I wish I knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home