research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

lecture over!


Just finished my new performance lecture at UC today. Super success. I think the Contemporary Art Center might be talking to me in the near future to get something else going with them.

Big big event if you ask me. The auditorium was filled mainly with foundations students, a few grads, and I didn't see a single teacher out in the audience. I take that back there were two people from design out there, but art wise I didn't recognize anyone.

Bit audience participation on this one, people were heckling me in the good way, and I played along with it. When I said Worchestershire was the cousin or great nephew of Anchovies, they asked who was the mother of Anchovies? It was a blast.

The hypothetical sounds of buildings falling went over well also. People participated with it as well, although I don't know if the sounds were what I expected, but it was nice that they tried to play along.

An older woman from the CAC said it was "Info-tainment" which I kindof like as well. We talked about residuals of the performance, how I needed to document it better, and objects that could be sold through the event, or in a gallery setting.

All in all I counted 65 people in the audience, my largest yet for any of my performances, hopefully the next one will be just as big, people will be expecting a lot and I think the word of mouth will only help the next work.

I am a little bit sad right now because I just finished something so massive and I don't know what to do with myself. Part of me doesn't even want to take the herbs and everything home right now, which is fine I guess, although the office is going to stink to high heaven. Maybe I will just take the dishes back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home