research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Leaving comfort

TOday I move out of my Aunt and Uncle's house and over into the city proper with the great luxury of being within 5 minutes walk from the university. This is actually an extremely sad day. I feel like I am moving away from a great period in my life, short, yet extremely comfortable. For months before I moved up here I woried about staying with them, keeping my feelings of independance from my family, finding my own way, and being able to do what I wanted to do.

Right now, today I realize that family that understands the need to be solitary, understands the need for privacy, and respect are the ones who will let you keep your identity and not ask questions. THis is something I have not seen before in my family, and something I will strive to exemplify when I deal with other people.

If I wanted to not tell them a single detail of what I was doig they would not have made a fuss about it, one bit!

So after breakfast I head upstairs to pack my belongings and refill my car up to the brim with pointless things that I haven't opened out of their boxes yet, so why do I honestly need them?

I can't believe I have to move out, there is a part of me that kindof wants to just stay here the whole year. I mean I would save a boat load on food!!! ANd always feel wanted.

1 Comments:

Blogger julia said...

you so cool

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home