research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Over The Rhine


Over The Rhine
Originally uploaded by MsCantBWrong.

Found this awsome photo on flickr as I looked up info about the neighborhoods I might be living in. Working the front desk in the afternoons now on my last week of my job at VCU. Trying hard to keep selling the school, keep the energy up, and doing everything in my power to not take on another task that will not get finished.

A few minutes ago another mother emailed to get an official fax sent to her daughter's school stating that, "yes she came on a tour, and yes you should excuse her from class." Back in my hometown you recieved three excused days for hunting and only one for visiting a college. I thing this relates to what Vaughn was talking about over on ourgoblinmarket.blogspot.com but this particular lack of support works only for the rural kids.

Can anyone name a building other than Chop Seuy Books that has allowed graffiti? Any that is good? Would this type of project encourage students creative skills? Yes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

exile, the village cafe...

if it is allowed it isnt graffiti, it is a mural - isn't it?

3:28 PM  
Blogger George said...

There is another building on Bainbridge, I think it is an auto detailer or something of that nature. Anyway, about a year ago they let a huge group of people take over the building with grafitti. One side was given a heaven theme and the other side hell. It is worth checking out. Even Ned Flanders is represented. Can you guess which side he got on?

9:07 AM  
Blogger George said...

There is another building on Bainbridge, I think it is an auto detailer or something of that nature. Anyway, about a year ago they let a huge group of people take over the building with grafitti. One side was given a heaven theme and the other side hell. It is worth checking out. Even Ned Flanders is represented. Can you guess which side he got on?

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home