research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Questions

I love my class this summer. The extremely hardworking, motivated, enthousiastic drive of non majors is delightful. No big questions of why do we have to draw like this, why can't we just shade things, what is the point of this project. They just want to try everything. My metaphores are coming in handy in the classroom. Top five are:
1. Observational drawing only works when you look at the road and stop playing with the dial of the radio.
2. This piece of paper isn't the "one ring of mordor!" Your whole stack of paper isn't even in Lord of the Rings.
3. In my class we drive with one foot only, none of this gas and brake at the same time. So if I even see an eraser until the last week I will pull this class over and hop the backseat to give you a whoopin'.
4. Not every day will be suicides and free throws,, but count on enough to make you better.
5. Drawing is just like riding a bike. Eventually you hit someone and have to decide to ask yourself what happened, or you try to ignore it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home