research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Monday, November 14, 2005

Class



Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Today they were supposed to have the assignment finished up and in my drop box at the start of class. One student actually finished his durring the critique of the work. I wanted to yell at him for not finishing on time like everyone else, but was too upset by his failed attempt to explain how the lab wasn't open for him to work over the weekend.
What a sad excuse.
Our assignment was to re-make an object to negate it's function. I stole it from Peter. I always loved this assignment. How great would it be to actually have this couch though in your home. A wonderful, useless object. Remind you of anything? Art maybe? We had a brief talk about why art is so amazing because it serves no function. I hope they got it.

Our new assignment came after thinking about photoshoped images for magazine covers. How faces and armpits and everything. SO now they are making people into Zombies... How fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

this site isn't about negating the funciton of the object, but it still relates to your project: http://livingwiththings.org/main.html

8:08 AM  
Blogger kate said...

this site isn't about negating the funciton of the object, but it still relates to your project: http://livingwiththings.org/main.html

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home