research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Soon to go


tanglewood_mall_04
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Been thinking about the trips I used to take to Roanoke to see my father in the home. Every time I would pick him up we drove by Tanglewood, my childhood mall and I thought long and hard about the old toy store in there that we used to split the price of G.I.Joes on. I always had enough money each month for a few figures and he helped me out by spliting the cost right down the middle. The last time I went there with Julia we helped Dad get a shirt for him to wear out and about in the home. I think he still has it, it should still be around seeing as how it was 35 bucks. I thought it was on sale, but he picked it out and therefore I had to buy it for him. God that was a great day. THinking now about the fact that he used to be able to choose his own clothes makes me realize how down hill he has come. We would eat out together and he would ask me if I could order for him because of his eyes. Now he doesn't even care what we give him to eat. He can't taste it and I just try to pick something that won't go all over him as he struggles with his dinner.

All this from a found photo about dead shopping malls.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

what an ill placed time for a spam...I apologize for the internet, ryan. good post.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home