research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

zombies


zombie
Originally uploaded by Daily Assumption.

Class today was both fun and difficult. Students were supposed to make zombies out of found photos. Some did great. Some looked like zombies, others looked like space creatures with lens flares and textured skin from concrete and lava. I showed them plenty of zombies. I told them what happened to a body that recently died, explaining in depth how the skin becomes cold, the veins start to show through as dark lines, how the ears become translucent, the eyes darken, the muscles start to give way and the clothes would be dirty from wandering around, falling, and wear and tear.
Two students picked people in love and I think this one stuck out because she doesn't know her brains are about to go. Or maybe she does and just doesn't care. Notice how the flower even looks dead. Nice touch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home