research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Friday, July 28, 2006




Yesterday was my fifth Black Hawk Mom. These constantly circling mother's never allow their children to speak up about what intrests them. Over and over they have been shut down vocally and now only mumble and whisper faint excuses for excitement. Today I see another. You can tell by the detailed examination of forms, brochures, and pull pens out of their purse. These are also the mothers who read the text on billboard signs as they pass at sixty miles an hour. Black Hawk Moms don't have anything on Year End Report Fathers.

Year End Report Fathers never ask about happyness, joy, opportunities for self discovery, they only want to know the bottom lines: jobs, emplyment opportunities in a 50 year plan, course offerings, scholorships, money concerns, and statistics. After writing notes from every major college prep book that resembels a stock report page in the Wall St. Journal, you would think 1984 had happened.. They could care less about the energy of facilities, and more about numbers of chairs per room. These are the dad's who don't want to know about programs like glass blowing. How archaically impractical in todays fast paced society.

Five more minutes till my tour, five more minutes till I have to make this place look good. Everyone else gets to eat, all the families bring their drinks with them, I on the other hand get a nervious stomach before these presentations, every single time I get nervious.

Time to ask what people want to know about. Time to face reality. Four familes today, not looking forward to this. I need a recharge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home