research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Monday, August 07, 2006




Wow, that's an interesting option. Two weeks and it will be a bumpersticker. Can you copyright protest slogans.

Last week a man came to the school asking for someone to draw his inventions. It took an hour for him to explain exactly what he needed. His inventions it turned out were memorial ribons that combine everything, N.A.S.A. 9-11, WWII, etc. He wanted to cover all the bases and get the most bang for people's bucks. He also explained a surfboard with a radio built in to listen to music on. I thought about informing him of how much this sounded like something Carot Top showed in a concert back in 1994 in Roanoke, Virginia, but decided it would just make him stay in the office longer.

A few years back I made a bumper sticker that read "Power of Humility" with the American Flag on it in the same design as the "power of pride" stickers that seem to only be on trucks and moving vans in Richmond. Julia and Vaughn both recieved notes on the windshield asking where they got them, but I never went into mass production on them. It was an art work. How silly of me to try to make art out of something that needed to be for the masses. I'll never do that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home