research for the movie

Just moved to Cincinnati to teach art, can't believe they pay me for this.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I run the Art Foundations program here at DAAP in the University of Cincinnati

Thursday, August 03, 2006

SO hot in here!

Ahh, everyone out there is making posts about the heat. Vaughn loves it, Judy doesn't even have it, and now I am going to talk about it. Why are these people coming to tour the school when it is 101 degrees outside? I had two families call yesterday to make sure the tour was still happening. One other prospective wanted to have a portfolio review. What a silly boy.

The good thing is I have learned the magical art of wiping my brow with a handkerchief while not looking overly southern. We also have encouraged shorter discussions of the outside buildings, and longer meeting with the individual departments in the art school.

Yesterday was the first day I met the new recruiters for the department of Forensic Science. They both looked like blonde Mulder's. (Or is it Skully's?) I never got into that show. But these silly TV shows actually predict how enrollment will change. Look at Project Runway for instance, durring the months that project runway is on the air I have a much larger precentage of students wanting to tour the Fashion Department. I wish there were actual records of past tours for the last three years, but I am sure the number of applicants wanting to go to Parson's has at least doubled.

Two more days of Full time desk work and then a large break and starting August 15th I become a full time worker. Not sure if posts will increase or shrink completely off the map. These things come in spells.
And I just found out about a good food blog. HOORAY for eaters!

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

oh god, project runway. my graphic design students all want to be fashion designers now too.

I am sending you a packet tomorrow

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home